Tuesday, June 28, 2011

5 Years Ago

5 years ago today, Bradley stood up in T-Court of the United States Naval Academy and took his Oath of Office to join the United States Navy. I was so hurt that I wasn't invited to go, so my parents decided to plan our vacation during then to take my mind off things. He called me right before the ceremony, and I tried so hard to be positive and optimistic- but I just lost it when we hung up. It wasn't the fact that he was joining the Navy, or leaving for college for 4 years and 700 miles away...but that one sentence was about to change our lives forever. It still gives me chills...

"Having been appointed a Midshipman in the United States Navy, I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God."


Babe, I am SO proud of you and the sacrifice that you make every.single.day to protect this country and me. You work so hard, and I can't imagine not being here with you now. Five years ago was scary for me, only being a sophomore in highschool, but I gave my heart to you and promised that wherever you went and whatever you had to do, I was there...right beside you. These five years have flown by, and so much has happened! I truly can't wait to see what we're doing and where we are in five more years! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I was 100% put on this earth to be a Navy Wife...YOUR Navy Wife! Love you so so much!!




No comments:

Post a Comment