Saturday, May 5, 2012

33 Years!



Mom & Dad -

Happy 33 year anniversary!!! Everyone says that they have the best parents - bet they're wrong... I do.  I can never begin to express how thankful I am that y'all are my parents. You always sacrificed so much for Daniel and I. You always gave us way too much and never enough for yourselves. It just shows how selfless y'all are - which is really how parenting should be. You taught me so much in my years growing up. You taught me how to be a good person who is confident, loyal, loving, giving and independent. Your attitudes and personalities carried over from our upbringing and explains why your two newest 'children' love you both like a set of parents. The last few weeks have been very difficult but y'all rose above everything hand-in-hand - which just proves how strong your marriage is. We learn SO much from y'all and we are so blessed to be able to have y'all as role models for our marriage. Thank you for being the perfect parents, awesome in-laws and for loving our little family (of 6!) unconditionally!



I stole this from a friend who posted this the other day.

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."




No comments:

Post a Comment